Not much time to build again this month but I did manage to finish the 66 Nova....
The Nova started mostly as an excuse to practice painting more with 2 part Polyurethane Clearcoat.
Again I have found that 2 part clear takes some extra attention to making sure the color coat is smooth--problems with the color coat seem amplified by tqo part polyurethane clear, rather than muted.
Overall a fun build...I had a good time applying the photoetch parts....
I used license plate decals, but just cut the decals out and did not soak them; I glued them to the bumpers with plain old styrene glue. I feel this looks better than other methods I have tried.
And, using brass for the fuel plumbing came out OK....
I have 3 '51 Chevy kits sitting around, that will be next....
Almost fall again!
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2013 (7)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ▼ 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (32)